- Comprehensive range of metric and imperial sizes
- Broadest range carried throughout Australia & New Zealand
- Industrial, packaging, race car and aerospace applications
Rod ends are available in right or left hand thread, male or female design. Shank (thread) and eye (bore) diameters listed apply to most types in the tables. Spherical bearings are also listed. Other dimensions/size ranges/liner types may vary between manufacturers.
Please check availablity before ordering.
Mating materials usually fall into one of the following groups:
- Sintered bronze, brass or copper alloy. Part No prefix: VM/VF, POS/PHS, PB
- Reinforced Nylon. Part No prefix: PM/PF
- Steel on steel design. Part No prefix: AM/AF, BL-D (zinc alloy)
- With reinforced Teflon© liner. Part No prefix: All race car series, AHMT/AHFT, KA/KJ-D, RBT/RBT-E, S-D
The numbering system usually identifies the construction, basic size, thread type (male/female – left/right hand) and whether imperial (inch), or metric (mm).
Capacities listed by manufacturers are not necessarily relative to each other, as no uniform standart exists to determine these. In general, the industrial grade rod ends listed herein can be grouped as having similar capacities. For heavy duty applications please refer to the RACE CAR SERIES which are more suitable for higher loading and shocking applications (eg racing car suspension). For applications of a difficult nature please consult our technical department.
Most industrial rod ends are available in a studded design as shown with either male or female body design. Studs are male right hand, and of the same thread form and diameter as the shank. Dimensions P & K are listed in the viewing tables. Ordering example – VMS 8 (Bronze lined male right hand with 1/2″ UNF stud).